Advantages of Using Ferric Oxide in Pearl Pigments
Iron Oxide Pearl Pigment
Coating mica with Fe2O3 (ferric oxide) offers several advantages, resulting in improved properties and distinguishing features compared to normal pigments.
1. Enhanced UV Protection: - Fe2O3 coating provides excellent UV protection, effectively shielding surfaces from harmful ultraviolet radiation. This enhanced UV resistance increases the durability and longevity of the coating system.
2. Superior Optical Properties: - Fe2O3 coating improves the optical properties of mica, resulting in enhanced brightness, whiteness, and opacity. The coated mica particles scatter light more efficiently, leading to increased light reflectance and reduced transparency.
3. Improved Weather Resistance: - The Fe2O3 coating enhances the weather resistance of mica. It acts as a protective barrier, reducing the impact of moisture, temperature variations, and atmospheric pollutants. The coated mica exhibits better color retention and stability over time, extending the lifespan of the coating system.
4. Increased Pigment Loading: - Coating mica with Fe2O3 allows for higher pigment loading. The coated mica particles have a larger surface area, enabling them to accommodate more pigment molecules. This increased pigment loading results in more intense and vibrant colors, enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the coating.
In addition to these advantages, Fe2O3-coated mica pigments provide several benefits over normal pigments: -
1. Enhanced durability and resistance to fading
2. Improved color fastness and stability under harsh conditions.
3. Reduced chalking and efflorescence
These advantages make Fe2O3-coated mica pigments an ideal choice for various applications, including paints, coatings, plastics, and cosmetics.
Take a look at our natural gold series pigments by clicking the link below